Scheduling Updates – Rising 9th Graders
All 9th grade students will take the following blended courses
- Global Studies I (integrated course including English 9 and World Geography content);
- Mathematical Investigations I (integrated course including Algebra I and some content from Geometry) or Mathematical Investigations II (integrated course including content from Geometry and Algebra II); and
- Scientific Investigations I (integrated course including biology and some content from chemistry).
Mathematics course enrollment will be based on mathematics coursework previously completed, with students enrolled in the next appropriate course. Personalized learning allows for adjustments to required content based on previously completed coursework.
Students will be enrolled in the following online electives:
- Health/PE 9 (or Health/PE 10 if Health/PE 9 has been completed);
- Computer Science I (blended course); and
- World Language.
Parent Orientation will be held on the following dates:
- Tuesday, August 7th (3:45 pm-4:45 pm and 5:00 pm -6:00 pm)
- Wednesday, August 8th (3:45 pm-4:45 pm and 5:00 pm-6:00 pm)
Sign up here if you have not already done so.
Student Orientation will be held on the following dates, with transportation provided (details to follow):
- Monday, August 13th (8:50 am-3:00 pm); and
- Tuesday, August 14th (8:50 am-3:00 pm)
A member of the Student Services Department may be be reaching out to you in the near future if questions arise pertaining to your child’s transcript and course options.
Stay tuned for more information on orientation and other CodeRVA-related details in the coming weeks!
Last Updated – 6/19/18