Specialty Center Information Nights
- September 27, Henrico – Highland Springs HS 7 p.m.
- October 2, Chesterfield – Midlothian HS 6:30 p.m.
- October 3, Henrico – Freeman HS 7 p.m.
- October 4, Chesterfield – Matoaca HS 6:30 p.m.
- October 10, Henrico – Glen Allen HS 7 p.m.
- October 16, Powhatan – Pocahontas MS 6 p.m.
- October 19, Hanover – Lee Davis HS 5:30 p.m.
- October 25, Hanover – Patrick Henry HS 5:30 p.m.
- October 26, Petersburg – Petersburg HS 5 p.m.
- October 26, Richmond City – Martin Luther King MS 6 p.m.
- November 1, Richmond City – Boushall MS 6 p.m.
- November 8, CodeRVA, 5 p.m. or 6:30 p.m (1 hour each)
- November 15, CodeRVA, 5 p.m or 6:30 p.m. (1 hour each)
- CodeRVA partnering public school divisions are: Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell City, New Kent, Petersburg City, Powhatan, Prince George, Richmond City, and Sussex.
- Any student that is eligible for enrollment in grade 9 during 2018-2019 in a CodeRVA partnering public school division may apply for CodeRVA Regional High School. Private or home schooled students may apply if the student’s permanent residence is in a partnering county or city. If not currently enrolled in a CodeRVA partnering public school division (private school or home schooled), evidence of eligibility may be required.
- CodeRVA applicants should have a interest in and passion for the study of computer science. There are no academic requirements to apply for CodeRVA Regional High School.*
- Questions regarding student eligibility may be sent to the CodeRVA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Individual school divisions may have their own local requirements. Currently, Henrico County requires their applicants to have a least a C average (2.0 GPA).
- The CodeRVA Student Application System is now closed. The application is optimized for use on desktop or laptop computers.
- For technical support with the online application system, please contact codeRVA@enrolledu.us.
- If an alternate method is necessary to complete the student application, please contact CodeRVA at email@example.com.
- Student eligibility for CodeRVA will be verified by partnering school division staff.
- Applicant’s parents/guardians will need to monitor the (Parent/Guardian 1) e-mail address used in the application process for communications regarding their application status.
The application for the 2018-2019 school year will open on January 8, 2018 and will close at 11:59 p.m. on February 23, 2018.
- Selected students will be notified by email on March 9, 2018.
- Selected students that accept the offer to attend must maintain residence in a CodeRVA partnering school division and their eligibility for enrollment in grade 9 during 2018-2019.
- 93 students from the 13 partnering school divisions will be selected for 2018-2019. Each CodeRVA partnering school division receives a specific number of student slots, as determined by the CodeRVA School Board and the partnering school division.
- One of CodeRVA’s goals is to address socioeconomic, gender, and racial inequities in STEM-related education. To this end, CodeRVA’s selection process will be independently-operated and hosted by a contractor with a successful history of providing student lottery-based selection systems that support programs that seek representation reflective of the community it serves.