Access the CodeRVA Student Application System
- Online application window opens - January 7, 2019
- Online application window closes - February 22, 2019
- Selected students notified - March 8, 2019
- CodeRVA partnering public school divisions are: Chesterfield, Colonial Heights, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell City, New Kent, Petersburg City, Powhatan, Prince George, Richmond City, and Sussex.
- Any student that is eligible for enrollment in grade 9 during 2019-2020 in a CodeRVA partnering public school division may apply for CodeRVA Regional High School. Private or home schooled students may apply if the student's permanent residence is in a partnering county or city. If not currently enrolled in a CodeRVA partnering public school division (private school or home schooled), evidence of eligibility may be required.
- CodeRVA applicants should have a interest in and passion for the study of computer science. There are no academic requirements to apply for CodeRVA Regional High School.*
- Questions regarding student eligibility may be sent to the CodeRVA at email@example.com.
*Individual school divisions may have their own local requirements. Currently, Henrico County requires their applicants to have a least a C average (2.0 GPA).
Please view our Open House presentation for more details on our school mission, innovative environment, and course offerings.
- The CodeRVA Student Application System is now open through February 22, 2019. The application is optimized for use on desktop or laptop computers.
- For technical support with the online application system, please contact codeRVA@enrolledu.us.
- If an alternate method is necessary to complete the student application, please contact CodeRVA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Student eligibility for CodeRVA will be verified by partnering school division staff.
- Applicant's parents/guardians will need to monitor the (Parent/Guardian 1) e-mail address used in the application process for communications regarding their application status.
The online application for rising 9th graders in 2019-2020 opened on January 7, 2019.
The online application system closes at 11:59 p.m. on February 22, 2019.
- Selected students will be notified by email on March 8, 2019.
- Selected students must
- indicate their intent to attend no later than March 22, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- maintain residency in a partnering school division; and
- remain academically and behaviorally eligible for promotion to 9th grade at the end of the current school year, including passing all core content classes (English, history, mathematics, and science).
- Selected students that accept the offer to attend must maintain residence in a CodeRVA partnering school division and their eligibility for enrollment in grade 9 during 2019-2020.
- Each CodeRVA partnering school division receives a specific number of student slots, as determined by the CodeRVA School Board and the partnering school division. Seat allocations for incoming freshmen in 2019-2020: Chesterfield - 22, Colonial Heights - 2, Cumberland - 2, Dinwiddie - 1, Hanover - 8, Henrico - 18, Hopewell City - 2, New Kent - 2, Petersburg City - 4, Powhatan - 2, Prince George - 3, and Richmond City - 15.
- Incoming freshmen for 2019-2020 will begin classes on September 3, 2019. CodeRVA's unique design includes a year-round calendar.
- One of CodeRVA's goals is to address socioeconomic, gender, and racial inequities in STEM-related education. To this end, CodeRVA's selection process will be independently-operated and hosted by a contractor with a successful history of providing student lottery-based selection systems that support programs that seek representation reflective of the community it serves.
Questions about or problems with your child's application? Email email@example.com
Questions on eligibility or process? Email firstname.lastname@example.org